Rainy day Sunday, lemony yoghurt cake – correct method.
Scroll through for recipe!
Recipe thanks to Donna Hays. They don’t call it “Fast Fresh and Simple” for nothing. This cake took the total of 1 mixing bowl (hello no washing up) and less than an hour from start to devouring time. The lemon gives a perfect hit of tanginess while the yoghurt really lightens up the texture of the cake.
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup thick natural yoghurt
- 1 3/4 cups caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
For the frosting:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Lemony Yoghurt Cake, correct method:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Place the oil, eggs, rind, lemon juice, yoghurt and sugar in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Sift over flour + stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 24cm fluted ring tin + bake for 35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- While the cake is still hot remove from the tin and place on a plate.
- To make the lemon frosting, gently stir together the sugar and lemon juice.
- Spoon over the cake and allow to set. Serve warm.